Sunday, October 12, 2008

I'm a Purse Whore

I love purses! Love them. Small ones, fun ones, some with patterns, some with just one color, funky ones, some were on sale, some were on clearance. I'm always shopping for a new one, the more unique, funky, the better. I don't like to have the same purse everyone else else. I could care less about having a 'designer purse'.
My friends and I were talking about my obsession the other day and they were asking me how many I had...I wasn't sure. So, I hauled them all out today...it was quite the chore. The grand total is...32, I have 32 purses. That's quite a few, isn't it? In fairness, that also includes some of my totes, that I don't necessarily use as a purse.

So I took some pictures of my entire collection.










Now, for some details about some of my purse, because...they are like my children.



These are a couple purse one of my best friends gave me for my birthday, she knows me so well. The Pink flowered one I often use during the summer and I get a lot of compliments on it.




This are my little purses, I sometimes use the brown one in the middle, the denim one on the end...I think I had that in high school. The one with b...that stands for Belinda...I know you knew that, I never use. Probably not since I used it when I bought it.



The two purses on my left are more...more 'professional purses'. They look a little more classy. Particularly the dark brown one, I love that one...got it on clearance! The brown multi-color one I got on clearance, $6! The pink plaid one, I used for about a month, until I found one I liked better.



This is the purse I am currently using. I got it on sale. I had seen a purse at a purse store earlier in the day that I really liked, but it was $40. I just can't spend that much on a purse. I know you Coach girls out there are thinking I'm crazy, but...I'm a bargain shopper and I love my purses!



These are my bustier purses, I just love these. They are fun, and a great conversation piece.





These are some of my smaller 'going out' purses, they are small enough to carry just a few things. The pink one in the middle is a recent purchase, I got it at a purse party. I was a little afraid to go, but I walked away with just one decent priced purse. The pink one on the end I found at a Hallmark store, of all places. I thought it was so cute. It was $12, but when she rang it up....it was only $10. I love when that happens!




A couple 'cutsie' purses, the one on the left is covered with little shoes. The one on the right...purses, imagine that!


My backpack purses....don't ask me why I have 3...I guess I thought I needed them.


My two tiger purses, I love tigers. I have a huge collection of tigers, stuffed, photos, etc. These are my tiger purses. I may have more in storage.


This is my big, grandma size...'have you got the kitchen sink in there?' purse. It carries a lot. Too much, I can never find anything when I carry it...isn't it darling?


Here are all my 'totes'. The pink and black one on the right is from Mary Kay. A friend of mine sells it and she had these at a party. It is the perfect size for an overnight stay and so cute! As you can see there are also a couple of 'beach bags' I figured they counted.

These are my gym bags, nothing fancy. They were both free. The blue one I got from a job....a long time ago, won't say how long.


Last, but certainly not least....


This is a tote my Dad picked up for me when he went to Flight Safety school while working at Schwan's. My Mom has a couple as well. They are the dime a dozen type bags that you can buy and there are probably tons around in different colors with different school names, dance company's, etc. I think I have two of them. I think part of the reason I hang onto it is because it's from my Dad...silly, I know. It is a nice tote to carry stuff in...maybe I should use it once in awhile.



So there it is, my obsession, well...one of them anyway. Just wait until you see my makeup collection....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you ARE a purse whore. But a lot of your customers are CUTE! I guess that would make me a flip flop whore. I don't think the pics of that lineup would be nearly as nice as your purse one. Cuz a lot of flip flops have been WORN to bits... nothing like a lovely dirty foot imprint inside a shoe... ew......

Playabum17 said...

Some of my pictures disappeared overnight. I'll have to figure it out later, but that's why there are descriptions, but no pictures. Argh!