Saturday, September 26, 2009

The joys of living with your parents, at age 41

I love my parents dearly, no one compares to them I couldn't not ask for two better people to be my parents. They didn't have to let me live with them when I lost my job last year. They could have made me fend for myself, but they love me and they are really helping me to save money. So, when I feel like I have enough saved up I will move out...I can't wait!!

Somehow parents never stop seeing you as a child, they know you are an adult, most of the time they treat you like an adult, but sometimes...those parental sayings just sneak in. Last night I was playing around on the computer after we got done watching a movie, it was 11:00 pm, it's not a school night, I can sleep in tomorrow, etc. Mom says, you better go to bed, you're tired and need sleep. I said "I don't work tomorrow, I'm fine" She say's "Well, there's no point in sleeping all day" I couldn't resist, but to say 'I can if I want to', I think I went to far. Maybe I am still a child.

Some mornings, if I am running a little late Mom comes down and says "Do you know what time it is?" Well, the big is on the 9 and the little hand...never mind. Yeah, I know I'm running late, the teacher is so gonna keep me after school.

She'll say things about how tidy my room isn't, I'm busy I don't take the time to put things away like I should. I'm tired...deal with it. Yeah, Sounds alot like when you were a kid...huh?

Okay, but then there's a lot of good things. As I mentioned this is giving me a great chance to save money. When a lot of your check is not going towards rent or whatever it's not easy to sock it away. Especially now that the car is paid off.

Home cooked meals, need I say more?

She does understand that I'm busy and tired and don't have a lot of free time. Sometimes if they go out of town or something and I ask if she wants me to do something to help her out she almost always says no. She tells me just to worry about my stuff. She says "You need your down time"

I will be able to look back and realize what a gift I have to be about to spend time with my parents. Mom and I go shopping and to lunch sometimes. I go out to the garage and chat with Dad. It's kind of nice to have this time with them, because unfortunately they won't always be here. They are in great health now, but they will probably go before me.

So, while things are not always perfect. Mom gets on my nerves sometimes. I can get tired and cranky sometimes. All in all, they are my parents and I love them. I love them for what they have done for me and what they are doing for me. They are incredible people.

No comments: