Monday, June 23, 2008

Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda

I should call my friend, I should email another one. I should balance my checkbook, I should clean out my car. I should pick up my shoes, I should call my Grandma. I should go for a walk, I should do the dishes. I should have gotten one more thing done at work, I should clean out and organize my dresser drawers. I should delete some of the emails out of my personal email inbox, I should, I should, I should....

Why does it seem like our 'to do' list is way longer than what we want to deal with? Why won't we let ourselves off the hook for it? I've talked to other friends about this, we all seem to do it. We have a bunch of shoulds that never seem to get done, or maybe eventually get done, but not when we thought we should do them. (there's that word again) Then we feel 'bad' or guilty whatever you want to call it for not getting them done. I'm sure you've said it or heard others say it "I should really do xyz" usually said in a half whining, half groaning voice. That's because sometimes that xyz thing is something we really don't want to deal with, but the funny thing is, we'd probably feel better if we did. I have so much crap in the dresser (not a full sized dresser, it's one of those with rattan type drawers, on the smaller side) in my living room and I have barely looked at most of it since I moved in here last year, same with the stuff in a few drawers in my bedroom, the closet in my office and...don't get my started about the stuff in the basement. I bet if I did some purging I'd feel pretty good about getting rid of some of it. I'd have more room, I will get rid of some things, maybe give some of it to Goodwill so others can partake of my crap. Hey that sounds pretty good....eh, I really don't feel like dealing with it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Belinda, you still crack me up after all these years!!!!!Your blog is such a true expression of yourself!! I'm glad you still seem like the same person!!I look forward to reading more, maybe some day I will be inspired by you to start one!!!

Playabum17 said...

Thanks Cindy, I consider that a true compliment. I hope I can live up to it!
I think you would be great at it! Go for it.