Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I'm thinking, thinking....

I've been thinking about thinking about things to write about, I think I have some good ideas, not sure how well those well translate to actual written word, but I'll give it a shot. This will either be somewhat interesting or the most boring blog ever written!

Right now I can't think of much of anything because I have to go to work and I woke up with a headache which I find disturbing because I haven't done that in awhile. I've been getting more headaches lately, it bothers me because I hadn't been getting many headaches at all when taking my Topomax (medication to prevent migraines) not only did it prevent my migraines, but it prevented headaches except the occasional minor headaches. Now I've been getting quite a few and it bothers me. This is the way it used to be, and I don't like it.

I digress, I would love to stay home, but we have this stupid department picnic today and with me being on the picnic committee and the department Administrative Assistant I have to be on hand to direct traffic or whatever. I guess that means telling people where to put the bag of chips they brought...I'll tell them right where to put them...never mind...

I also have a meeting this afternoon that I should really attend, something to do with buying parts for our trucks or something. I still don't understand half of what we do. One of these days I'll catch on....

4 comments:

rodeo95 said...

I have a cure for those headaches, not sure if it will work on you though.;) lol Hey being on committees are fun. I just help spend 300K of our department’s money on a new Fire truck so it can be rewarding. So rock on chica. Keep the blogs coming.

Anonymous said...

Wow, topomax... haven't heard that name in years and years... it was one of Michael's first seizure meds... I'd heard that and klonipin (I think it's klonipin)were now being prescribed for migraines... weird how new uses for meds unfold. Sorry to hear you're having headaches again. Nothing worse as far as I can see (I mean, day to day aches and pains, not debilitating things) than to have a nagging headache. It just disrupts everything. Good luck with that. And send some chips my way....

Playabum17 said...

Hmm, can't figure out how to reply to someone's comment directly, must figure this out so I don't look like a total idiot (just half an idiot)

Char~yes, that's exactly what I read is that it was/is used as a seizure medication, which kind of makes sense because it's the blood vessels in your brain that causes the migraines (or something like that)

I'm actually thankful, in some ways that they aren't migraines, but they are still annoying. I have my yearly check-up in August so if I'm still having them (please God no!) I will talk to her about them. Thanks for caring!

Anonymous said...

ha ha - dont you hate it when people tell you where to put the chips !!!

Tappy