Thursday, June 19, 2008

My cat bites my feet at night

That almost sounds like one of those silly names or sayings you make up using the first letter of your first, last, and middle name, but it's not...she bites my feet, and I'm not sure why.

I woke up at 3:30 in the morning last night..er, this morning, which I really hate because it's only a few hours before you get up and you lay (lie? lay?) wondering if you are going to get back to sleep or will you just lay (lie? lay?) there trying to sleep, trying not to think about it...almost hearing the minutes ticking by, the minutes that you are not sleeping...tick, tick tick. I didn't have to worry though, because I got back to sleep.
Anyway, I was having a weird dream (not that kind of dream, Streckman) this morning I don't remember as much of it as I thought I would, actually I knew I wouldn't because you never do. They tell you to write them down, but I am not sitting up in the middle of the night to write down some dream I had that didn't make sense then and will make less sense in the morning, especially when I look at what I wrote and it looks like this:

fhhotn hoeh;t'nte ';eiht'j ient;njwoh t

Except, even less legible because I wrote it when I was half asleep. Anyway, all I remember now is I got in trouble with my boss in the dream, not even my real current boss, just some random woman who I don't even know, apparently I was working as a cleaning woman or something. I got in trouble for using too much soap and too many rags. I had to take some time off to 'think about what I had done'

What started this train of thought anyway? I have to go back and look....okay, seriously I talk like this too...rambling on and on, changing the subject mid-story. I've had to stop myself and say...'okay, I'll tell you about that in a minute I'll finish this first' I even do it when I'm thinking, is that normal? Am I slowing losing my mind? I'll be on one of my walks and I'll have the thought that I need to do something, tell somebody something, panic about something, and the next thing I know I'm thinking...okay, what was that I was just thinking about? It was just a couple minutes ago, how could I have forgotten already? It was something about....something. I needed to....do something, or something....I usually remember eventually. They say it is a side effect of the Topomax (as mentioned in yesterday's post) because it was first a brain medication. As Char mentioned, a seizure medication. I remember when I started taking it thinking 'will I really notice the difference? I can't remember things now' So now I ponder, so is this the medication, or my ever advancing age, or just the fake blonde ditz that I am?? Or...early onset Alzhiemer's!? I'm not going to panic, I'm not going to panic...

Okay, now, what was I talking about? Oh yeah, my cat bites my feet at night and I don't know why....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you don't want to write under my blog's name? Cuz you done the rambling PROUD!!

I do that topic-change-mid-thought thing, too... although the WORST one to me is when I stop right at the end of a sentence and can't remember the last word... pause for like 8 seconds... and then say the word. And it's always a simple word.

So it sounds like, "I was eating a bagel and when I bit into it the cheese was too hot and I burned the roof of my mouth and got a...."

pause, pause, pause

"...blister."

GAH!

Playabum17 said...

Oh, I forget words too. I've got it all! I'm telling ya, I'm losing! I'm just glad I have company!